Join the Self Love Club
We at loving the journeys are all self-love advocates that means that we are all dedicated to making self love a priority in our day to day lives and encourage other people to do the same.
So what is self-love? In the simplest terms, it is loving yourself. It means to be good and kind and patient with yourself and to build yourself up and reject actions or thoughts that will bring you down. The best way to express self-love is self-care and that can fall into so many different categories such as physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental. It is important to improve our love for our physical selves but just as much it so important to appreciate who we are on a spiritual and emotional level. An important and often overlooked are of self-care is improving our minds which means learning and expanding our knowledge keeping our brains active. There are so many ways to learn to love ourselves more and we are always looking to expand our knowledge and experience of self-love and self-care.
Some Examples of Ways to improve self – love
- Self Affirmations – Self-affirmations are a great way to boost confidence and mental wellbeing as well as finding new and beautiful ways to see yourself that you might not have seen before.
- Meditation – Meditation is a great way to clear your mind and refocus on the important things that are going to promote health and love into your life.
- Beauty Treatments – It is not selfish to spend time pampering yourself. Your body works hard for you every day and so it is important to reward it for all the hard work it does for you.
- Health and Nutrition – Treat your body with the love and care it deserves. There are no ends to the benefits of healthy eating and adding exercise into our daily routines. We know it so why do we ignore it?
- Celebrate the Wins in life – It is so easy to let things pass by that we have accomplished but it is time to celebrate the things you do no matter how big or small.
- Surround Yourself with loving people – The energy that your people give off can strongly affect how you see yourself and the life you live so surround yourself in positivity.
- Gratefulness – Find something to be grateful for every day and say thank you. You will find so many more than you realise if you take the time to stop and think about how life would be without certain things in your life.
- Write it down – Write down was makes you happy, write down what makes you sad and throw it away brain dump all the thoughts in your head so that you can focus on the important ones. Journaling is great for this.